Benefits of Berries
Tiny in size but HUGE in nutritional benefits!
- Improve memory and cognitive function
- Lower bad cholesterol and regulate blood sugar
- Protect against diabetes, cancer, obesity, and arthritis
- Provide anti-aging effects
- Loaded with fiber
- Boosts immunity and promotes weight loss
- Protect your heart, increase HDL
- Lower blood pressure, guard against cancer
Freeze your fresh summer berries so you can enjoy them all year long
Smaller berries and can be left whole. Hull the strawberries and cut into chunks or slices as preferred Then freeze all the fruits in a single layer on a baking sheet. The small individual pieces freeze solid and can easily be transferred into a freezer container for longer storage. Removing as much air as possible from the bag or container will also help protect the fruit from freezer burn.
Our Favorite Way to Use Frozen Berries
Berry Compote Recipe
- 2 pounds frozen berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a sauce pot
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer
- Reduce the mixture by 40%-50% (or until it covers the back of a spoon).
- Use the hand mixer or blender to blend the compote until smooth.
One simple recipe
- drizzling over pancakes
- spruce up bbq sauce or add to BBQ
- Swirling into plain yogurt
- freezing it and eating it as sorbet
- Dolloping into your overnight oats