Wellness Spotlight: Dr. Amy Shah
Double Board-Certified MD | Media Expert | Author | Mom
We are so excited to partner with Dr. Amy Shah this week! All of our specials were created with Dr.Shah's recommendations to break a fast. She recommends breaking a fast with:
- Lots of veggies
- Something pickled
- Quinoa and choice of protein (either tofu or fish)
- Breakfast scramble
Today we are sharing Dr. Shah's knowledge on Circadian Rhythm Fasting and why it is beneficial!
What is your Circadian Rhythm
Your circadian rhythm is the natural, internal process, or ‘clock’ that regulates your day/night or wake/sleep cycle. It repeats every 24 hours. Your body’s circadian rhythm has a direct effect on your health.
- Fast for a range of 12-18 hours a day
- Get 15 minutes of morning sunlight before 10:00 A.M. to reset melatonin
- End meals three hours before bed
- Eat the majority of meals between noon and 5:00 P.M.
- Consume six to eight servings of vegetables
- Get eight hours of sleep each night
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day
Benefits of Circadian Rhythm Fasting
Making a few easy modifications to your modern life can make a huge impact on your health. Studies by health and wellness experts have shown a positive correlation between circadian rhythm fasting and overall health, including delaying signs of aging on skin, weight management, improved immune function, improved cognition, lower inflammation, balanced insulin levels, and improved brain, hormone and digestive health.